Google+ All that Fascination: Currently loving #4

mercoledì 18 giugno 2014

Currently loving #4



Today's post is all about some products from two brands that I like a lot: Caudalie and The Body Shop.

I have always had some sort of preference for French pharmacy products, I think that, in general, their quality is very good. You already know that I very often rely on La Roche Posay, as well as on Bioderma or Lierac. Another brand that often catches my attention is Caudalie. I've tried different products form this brand and I have to say that none of them have disappointed me. Anyway, one particular product has conquered my heart: I'm talking about the Vinoperfect Radiant serum (€ 45,50). Every summer I buy a bottle of this serum and every summer I fall back in love with it: it's very lightweight and yet moisturizing, it gives my skin a nice and healthy radiance without being oily and it reduces the appearance of dark spots. I love the fact that it's oil-free and paraben-free. Moreover, if you apply it before sunscreen, it makes your tan flawless and even.

A recent discovery is, instead, the Caudalie Eau de Beauté (from € 11,00). I've always read conflicting reviews about it, some love it, some hate it, and that makes me very curious about it. I have to say I really like this spry; even if it's not a miraculous product, I can definitely see how good it's for my skin. I usually use it as second toner, after my Lush Tea Tree Water. The beauty guru Caroline Hirons suggests you should alway double tone, the first time in order to exfoliate or balance the skin, the second time in order to hydrate it. And this Caudalie Elixir does a great job in giving moisture to my skin and calming down any irritation. I also like to spry it on my face during the day in order to refresh my make up. It's a very nice product! 

Talking about The Body Shop, instead, I've recently bought their Honey & Oat 3 in 1 Scrub Mask (€ 14,00), a mask that cleanses, polishes and moisturizes the skin. It's aimed to normal to dry skin, but it works very well on my combination skin, too. I wanted something to alternate with my purifying masks and this is perfect. It's very gentle and hydrating, but, at the same time, it helps remove dead skin cells, refining the skin texture. It makes my skin softer and brighter, and I love the smell so much, it makes me want to eat it!

The last product is a make up product, again form The Body Shop: it's the Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder (€ 13,00). I've never been a big fan of bronzers, I rarely use them. Being a fair skinned girl, I find that most of the bronzers are too dark or too orange for me and I don't like the way they look on my skin. Moreover, I don't like the fact that most of them are shimmering, as I usually prefer matte products. This Body Shop Bronzer has all the qualities I was looking for: great color range for fair skin, matte finish, long lasting, not orange and good price! I'm impressed!

Fede


Il post di oggi sarà interamente centrato su prodotti di due brand che amo molto: Caudalie e The Body Shop.

Ho sempre avuto una spiccata preferenza nei confronti dei marchi farmaceutici francesi, trovo che, nel complesso, la qualità dei loro prodotti sia molto buona. Sapete già che mi affido frequentemente a La Roche Posey, così come a Bioderma o Lierac. Un altro brand che spesso cattura la mia attenzione è Caudalie. Ho avuto modo di provare diversi dei prodotti che offre e non sono mai rimasta delusa. Tuttavia, un prodotto in particolare ha conquistato un posto nel mio cuore: il Siero Illuminante Anti-macchie della linea Vinoperfect (€ 45,50). Ogni estate lo riacquisto ed ogni estate mi innamoro di lui nuovamente: è molto leggero ma idratante al tempo stesso, rende la pelle radiosa senza lucidarla e favorisce la scomparse di macchie scure sulla pelle. E' oil-free e privo di parabeni. Inoltre, se applicato prima della protezione solare, aiuta a rendere l'abbronzatura più uniforme e priva di difetti.

Una recente scoperta è stata, invece, l'Eau de Beauté di Caudalie (a partire da € 11,00). Ho sempre letto recensioni molto discordanti in merito a questo prodotto, alcuni lo amano, altri lo odiano, e la cosa mi ha, ovviamente, incuriosito. Devo dire che a me piace molto; certo, non è un prodotto miracoloso, tuttavia posso decisamente notare i benefici che apporta alla mia pelle. Di solito lo utilizzo come secondo tonico, dopo l'Aqua di Luna di Lush. La beauty guru Caroline Hirons consiglia sempre di utilizzare due tonici, il primo per esfoliare o riequilibrare, il secondo per idratare. E questo elisir fa davvero un buon lavoro nel restituire idratazione alla mia pelle e nel lenire ogni infiammazione. Inoltre, mi piace nebulizzarlo sul viso nel corso della giornata per rinfrescare il trucco. E' un prodotto davvero buono.

Passando a The Body Shop, ho recentemente acquistato la loro Maschera Levigante Distensiva 3 in 1 al Miele e Avena (€ 14,00), maschera che ha la triplice funzione di detergere, esfoliare ed idratare la pelle del viso. E' indicata per pelli secche e normali, ma trovo che faccia un ottimo lavoro anche sulla mia pelle mista. L'ho acquistata perché volevo qualcosa da alternare alle mie maschere purificanti e ho pensato che questa fosse perfetta. E' delicata ed idratante, ma allo stesso tempo elimina le cellule morte e migliora l'aspetto della pelle. Dopo averla applicata la mie pelle è soffice e luminosa e adoro il suo profumo, mi fa venire voglia di mangiarla!

L'ultimo prodotto, sempre di The Body Shop, rientra nella categoria make up: è la terra abbronzante Honey Bronze (€ 13,00). Non sono mai stata un'amante dei bronzer, li uso davvero di rado. Avendo una carnagione molto chiara, trovo che la maggior parte delle terre abbronzanti in commercio sia troppo scura o tendente all'arancio e non mi piace l'effetto sulla mia pelle. Inoltre, molti bronzer sono caratterizzati da un finish brillante, spesso con glitter dorati, mentre io preferisco un finish opaco e più naturale. Questa terra di The Body Shop ha tutte le qualità che cercavo: ottimo color range per pelli chiare, finish matte, lunga durata, non tende all'arancio ed il prezzo è accessibile. Sono colpita!

Fede

4 commenti:

  1. Aw, I love The Body Shop! I've wanted the scrub, but I haven't been able to find it in stores yet (strangely enough). I bought the honey bronzer a month or so ago and still haven't tried it. Eeeep! I should really get on that.

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. I love The Body Shop too!! Their products are so nice!! :-)

      Elimina
  2. Lovely post! I really like the sound of the Body Shop Honey & Oat mask, it sounds gorgeous!!

    Jess xo

    RispondiElimina